The Sustainable Marketing Toolbox
A number of organisations have developed tools and techniques that have the potential to help marketers in developing new and more sustainable products and strategies. Links to some of the key online tools available are listed below. If you are aware of other tools that you believe should be included in this collection, please send details including a link to BRASS@cf.ac.uk
Click here for a report on tools for marketing and sustainability.
Some general information on sustainability tools for managers is available at Project Dantes
The Project Sigma tools including:
- AA1000s assurance module
- Business case tool
- Compatibility tool
- Environmental Accounting Tool
- Global Reporting Initiative Reporting Tool
- Marketing and Sustainability Tool
- SIGMA Performance review tool
- Risk and Opportunity Guide
- SIGMA Guide to Guidelines and Standards relevant to sustainable development
- SIGMA Guide to Stakeholder Engagement
- SIGMA Guide to Sustainability issues
- SIGMA Sustainability Accounting Guide
- SIGMA sustainability scorecard
Marketing Ethics Self Test : Take a light-hearted marketing ethics tests here.
An explanation of “SCEPTICAL analysis”, a tool to help marketers breakdown the marketing environment to better understand the issues sustainability raises can be found here
Selection of the best internet environmental directories (list of lists), on more than 600 environmental subjects.
East of England Toolkit for business sustainability.
East Midlands Integrated Toolkit for business sustainability.
Teleworking sustainability assessment tool.
A wide range of business and sustainability tools.
A 50 page tool created for attendees of the US DesignGreen workshops.
Industrial Designers Society of America’s Business-Ecodesign tools.